Overseas on-lending loans are a proprietary business of the Bank run on the principle of independent operation and sole responsibility for profit and loss. This business is run in compliance with the principle of unification of policy, security, liquidity, and benefit-related considerations. Overseas on-lending loans include:
1. Loans from foreign government or international financial organizations for which the Bank conducts reviews, assumes risks, and makes on-lending arrangements independently, according to the loan documents signed between the Ministry of Finance of China (or the Bank with authorization from the Ministry) and foreign governments (or foreign financial institutions they authorize) or international financial organizations.
2. International commercial loans on-lent by the Bank to borrowers in China, the fund of which is either raised by signing loan agreements with foreign financial institutions (including foreign banks in China), or by issuing bonds in the overseas market by the Bank according to the special foreign debt quota for on-lending approved by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
1. It is targeted at projects that conform to China’s policies for industrial and socio-economic development. Such projects shall contribute to the transformation of China’s economic development model, the improvement of infrastructures and people’s living standard. In addition, they must have good economic, social, and environmental benefits.
2. It is also targeted at sectors and scopes of usage prescribed in loan agreements, or specifications on special foreign debt quota for on-lending approved by the NDRC.
1. The borrower shall have viable operational management and financial conditions, good credit standing, and the ability to repay loan principal and interest accrued.
2. If the Bank’s existing measures are adopted for credit rating, the borrower’s credit rating with the Bank shall normally be above BBB (inclusive).
3. It must comply with the capital management rules of China for investment projects.
4. A repayment guarantee recognized by the Bank shall be provided (if necessary).
5. Other conditions as deemed necessary by the Bank shall apply.