Overseas investment loans refer to the local- and foreign-currency loans provided by the Bank to meet the funding needs of various overseas investment projects of domestic and overseas Chinese enterprises.
All domestic Chinese enterprises registered with administrative bureaus for industry and commerce of China and having an independent legal capacity, or overseas Chinese enterprises registered legally overseas and having an independent legal capacity can apply to the Bank for overseas investment loans.
1. The borrower must have viable operational management and financial conditions, good credit standing, and the ability to repay the loan principal and the interest accrued thereon.
2. Relevant projects must have good expected economic returns.
3. The country where the project is located should have good investment environment, and stable economic and political situation.
4. If the borrower is an overseas Chinese enterprise, the overseas investment project concerned shall feature relatively low overall risks, stable investment returns, and full guarantee for the repayment of the loan principal and the interest accrued thereon.
5. If the borrower is an overseas Chinese enterprise not controlled by a domestic enterprise (except for newly established SPV or project companies), the use of and guarantee for the loan must comply with relevant requirements of China’s foreign exchange management regulations.
6. A repayment guarantee recognized by the Bank should be provided (if necessary).
7. Overseas investment insurance shall be purchased, as deemed necessary by the Bank.
8. Other conditions as deemed necessary by the Bank shall apply.